An air conditioner is an essential part of any home but can also be a constant source of noise pollution. If your air conditioner is too loud, it can be distracting and even disruptive, especially at night. Fortunately, you can get to the bottom of the underlying problem and take numerous steps to quiet your air conditioner and enjoy a peaceful and comfortable home environment.
R.J. Kielty Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Inc. is the most trusted HVAC service provider for all your AC maintenance needs in New Port Richey, FL. Our team of well-trained and experienced technicians is ready to repair and maintain all types of air conditioners and can help you quiet your air conditioner with ease. We also offer comprehensive and targeted AC services in Orlando, FL, and the surrounding areas. Contact us to learn more and schedule your consultation today.
How To Reduce Air Conditioner Noises
Clean your air conditioner regularly: Dirty coils and fans are one of the leading causes of air conditioner noise. When the coils and fans are clogged with dust and debris, they have to work harder, which can result in increased noise. Clean your air conditioner regularly to prevent this from happening. Clean the outside unit, the inside unit, and the ducts. It will ensure that your air conditioner is running efficiently and quietly.
- Insulate the unit: If your air conditioner is installed near your bedroom or living room, insulation can help reduce the noise level. You can use soundproofing material, such as acoustic panels, to insulate the walls and floor around the unit.
- Balance the fan blades: If the fan blades are unbalanced, they can cause vibration, resulting in increased noise. You can balance the fan blades by turning off the power to the AC and using a level to check the blades. If they are unbalanced, adjust them until they are level. Schedule your AC repair and have our professionals take care of all your HVAC needs in your Orlando, FL, home.
- Replace old and noisy parts: If your air conditioner is older, replacing some parts causing the noise might be time. Common parts that can cause noise include the fan motor, the fan blade, and the bearings. If you’re unsure which parts need to be replaced, contact a professional for help.
- Install a sound blanket: A sound blanket can help reduce the noise level of your air conditioner by absorbing the sound. You can purchase a sound blanket designed for air conditioners and have it installed by a professional HVAC technician or do it yourself with some guidance.
- Regular maintenance: Regular maintenance can help reduce the noise level of your air conditioner. When you schedule your AC maintenance in New Port Richey, FL, our professional HVAC technician will assess and ensure that your unit is functioning correctly. Regular maintenance will also help prevent the buildup of dirt and debris, which can contribute to noise levels.
Call Us Today To Say Goodbye To Loud Noises
If you’re tired of dealing with a loud air conditioner, contact R.J. Kielty Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Inc. today. Our specialists are always ready to help, and we’re committed to providing our customers with the best HVAC services possible. Here are some of the reasons why our customers choose R.J. Kielty Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Inc., and you should too:
- Experienced technicians
- Quality workmanship
- Affordable prices
- Fast and reliable service