Garbage Disposal Installation And Repair Services
A garbage disposal is used to slice up waste in your sink’s drain so you don’t clog your plumbing system. Garbage disposals come in many different styles and horsepower models. Making sure you have the correct product for your family’s or business’s needs makes a difference. R.J. Kielty’s technicians can consult you on which product would work best for you.
Installed in over half the homes in the United States, garbage disposals save the homeowner time and money and are environmentally friendly. Solid food waste is 70 percent water and, as such, should be disposed of accordingly. A garbage disposal tied into the public sewer system accomplishes this goal easily and reliably.
Installation of a garbage disposal requires electrical and carpentry skills as well as plumber in Orlando. The unit is incorporated into the plumbing system between the sink drain and the trap underneath the kitchen sink. The disposal is then hard-wired into the electrical system or plugged into an outlet. The on/off switch is also connected at this time. Lastly, the drain pipe connecting the disposal and the sewer system is plumbed. A properly installed garbage disposal will provide you with years of reliable service and will help reduce the smell and mess of kitchen garbage containers.
Signs That Indicate The Garbage Disposal Needs Attention
Here are some signs that hint that the garbage disposal system needs garbage disposal repair in Orlando:
- The system refuses to turn on when you click the switch button. Disposal system switch malfunctioning.
- You can hear the motor sounds, but you cannot see the operation or blades running to shred the pieces.
- You have a hard time switching off the garbage disposal system.
- Water pools indicate leakage in the garbage system.
Repair Issues That Stop The Garbage Disposal System From Functioning
According to plumbing companies, here are some issues that you might face with the garbage disposal system:
- Electrical issues: Loosened wires, unplugged power cords, and power source issues can hinder the garbage disposal’s functioning.
- Malfunctioning motor: The motor helps to move the blades, and the grinder stops working if the motor malfunctions.
- Overheating issues: Due to increased consumption, the garbage disposal system stops working due to overheating.
- Worn grinder: The grinder blades have worn down due to excessive usage, and you need to change the blades.
- Jammed blades: When the waste food gets stuck in the grinder, it stops working.
- Clogged drain: The kitchen sink gets clogged for numerous reasons, but a clogged drain can affect the garbage disposal functioning.
Food Items To Avoid From The Garbage Disposal System
Garbage food disposal systems shred the leftover food items disposed of in the sink so they cannot block the drain pipe. However, it does not mean that the disposal system can tackle all the food items.
According to the garbage disposal repair in Orlando, here are some food items that should be kept lt away from the disposal system and discarded in the garbage can manually:
- Fat, grease, and oily products do not mix well with water, and the garbage disposal system’s blades get jammed.
- Fibrous vegetables like celery get stuck in the blades and decrease the blade’s sharpness.
- Pasta, rice, and other starch-containing food items can clog the drainage pipe.
- The garbage disposal objective is to shred the edible items into tiny particles, so do not use the system to discard and dispose of inedible items like paper. If you are looking for water heater repair orlando .then you can contact R.J. Kielty Plumbing, Heating & Cooling 727-863-5486 We offer genuine services at an unbeatable price.
Should I Install a New Garbage Disposal if it Stops Working?
Sometimes repair costs turn out to be equivalent to purchasing a new system. The plumbers in New Port Richey say that if the garbage disposal system’s structural integrity is in good condition, it is better to repair the fault.
If the garbage disposal system has worked for more than ten years, it is essential to report problems before the trouble brings new issues or breaks down the entire system. We also offer the top-notch services of sewer line installation Orlando FL
Garbage Disposal Repair In Orlando
If your garbage disposal fails, it is important to get it back in working order, otherwise this could result in a costly clogged plumbing system. In the event that your garbage disposal is jammed or if it has a complete breakdown, our trained technicians can quickly fix your existing new garbage disposal at your home or business. Call for garbage disposal repair in Orlando.
- Hit the reset button
- Unplug garbage disposal (VERY IMPORTANT!)
- Use a screwdriver to turn the grinding chamber until it is unclogged
- If a spoon is stuck in the chamber you can retrieve it but never with your hands.
If these tips do not work, call one of the best plumbing companies in Orlando.
R.J. Kielty Plumbing, Heating & Cooling services will help to keep the household issues away that disturb the entire schedule. Contact our plumbers in Orlando, explain your household problem, and give us a chance to deliver optimum quality services.
R.J. Kielty’s employees have over 1,000 years of combined experience and average over 10 years of experience.
Uniformed & Badged
Peace of Mind
Protect Your Home
Kielty Cares Plan Membership
If you’re looking for a way to save money and keep your plumbing and/or air conditioning system up and running at optimum efficiency, joining our Kielty Care Plan is the way to go. R.J. Kielty Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling offers custom solutions for both your residence or business.