If you’re like most homeowners, your garbage disposal is a handy tool in your kitchen that helps you manage food waste efficiently. However, just like any other appliance, garbage disposals have a lifespan and may need to be replaced at some point. If you are facing any issues and need assistance, call R.J. Kielty Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, as we offer prompt Garbage disposal repair services in Orlando and surrounding areas.
But how do you know when to get a new garbage disposal? Below we will discuss the signs that indicate it may be time for a replacement:
- Frequent Clogs: If you find yourself dealing with frequent clogs in your garbage disposal despite taking proper care of them, it may be a sign that the unit is not functioning as it should. Older garbage disposals can lose their grinding power and become less effective at breaking down food waste, resulting in more frequent clogs. This can be frustrating and inconvenient, and it may be a sign that it’s time to invest in a new garbage disposal that can handle the demands of your kitchen.
- Strange Sounds: Garbage disposals are designed to operate quietly and efficiently. It may be a sign of a mechanical issue if your garbage disposal is making unusual sounds such as grinding, rattling, or humming. These sounds can indicate that the blades or other internal components are damaged or worn out, which can reduce the unit’s overall performance. If you’re constantly hearing strange noises from your garbage disposal, this clearly indicates that it may be time for a replacement.
- Persistent Odors: Garbage disposals help eliminate food waste and reduce odors in your kitchen. However, if you notice persistent unpleasant odors coming from your garbage disposal, even after a thorough cleaning, it may be a sign that the unit is not functioning properly. Over time, food debris can accumulate in the blades, the grinding chamber, and in the drain pipe, causing foul odors. If you’ve tried cleaning your garbage disposal and the smells persist, it may indicate it’s time for a new one.
- Leaks: Another sign that your garbage disposal may need to be replaced is if you notice leaks. Leaks can occur from various points in the unit, such as the bottom of the garbage disposal or the connections to the sink drain or dishwasher. Leaks can not only cause water damage to your kitchen, but they can also indicate that the seals or other components of the garbage disposal are compromised. If you’re experiencing leaks with your garbage disposal, it clearly indicates that it’s time to consider a replacement.
- Age: Finally, the age of your garbage disposal is a significant factor in determining whether it’s time for a replacement. Most garbage disposals have a lifespan of around 10-15 years, depending on the make and model and how well it’s been maintained. If your garbage disposal is reaching the end of its expected lifespan or is an older model, it’s wise to consider replacing it to prevent potential breakdowns or other issues down the road.
When it comes to getting a new garbage disposal, choosing a reliable and professional plumbing company that can provide quality service is essential. That’s where R.J. Kielty Plumbing, Heating & Cooling comes in. With years of experience in the industry, we are a trusted and reputable company serving the need for reliable plumbing services.
R.J. Kielty Plumbing, Heating & Cooling for All Plumbing Services
We understand the importance of functional and efficient garbage disposal in your home. Our team of experienced and certified plumbers can assess your current garbage disposal, identify any issues, and provide expert recommendations on whether it’s time for a replacement. We offer a wide selection of top-quality garbage disposals from trusted brands, and our technicians can install a new unit with precision and efficiency. Don’t let a malfunctioning or outdated garbage disposal disrupt your kitchen routine.